Friday, December 13, 2013

Surfing Monkey Character Actor Show- Animal episode




Tahmus Rounds and I do a little show about being character actor's in LA called "The Surfing Monkey Show". After a hiatus due to work, we're back with an episode about animals. I just did a really fun guest star with David Alpay (Vampire Diaries) where I got to work with a reindeer, a bonito fish, and a gun. It was CSI's first Christmas Episode called "The Lost Reindeer" and you can see it here (this link shows the latest episode, so I don't know how long it will work for)

I also talk about getting to work with tiny teacup piglets for a commercial which Tahmus also auditioned for. Coincidentally, just as we finished shooting this video , we both got calls for the same film audition for the following day. Hopefully Tahmus will get this one so we'll be even.

December is an interesting month for actors in LA. So many people are out of town that , if you stick around, the odds turn more in your favor...kind of like the Hunger Games.

This has been a good year for acting. I got to do two top of show guest stars (The Mentalist and CSI), a nice guest spot on "masters of sex", two indie features (Lake Los Angeles, and Cockroaches), and a commercial. I also got to write and produce The Breaking Dead (Breaking Bad meets Walking Dead ) parody, and co-write/co-produce Ken Tanaka's "What Kind of Asian are You?".

Plus,Ken Tanaka and I got a book deal, and our first book is coming out from Harper Collin (Harper Design) in 2014. Everybody Dies: A Children's Book for Grown Ups. It's an illustrated comedic look at death. Ken previously did his own smaller version of the book, but this one will have 50% more content. See the Amazon link below for pre-order

Thanks to everyone who watches my videos and reads my twitter jokes, and all the Breaking Bad fans out there. I wish you all a happy end of 2013 and a better 2014...not to mention 2015, and also 2016, and 2017,2022, 2041 and 2022.
Ury's Newsletter
Your name
*
Your email address
*
Subscribe


No comments:

Post a Comment